It’s almost the end of 2018, so I updated my expectations post from a year ago, you may find it interesting.
Now, here is a list of projects which are almost done on paper and which deserve attention or reserve some surprises for 2019. Then a challenge for you, dear creative reader.
- I mentioned Hydrogen previously. This is a project to build a realistic hydrogen atom purely in software. This means that I need a theory (a lambda calculus like) for state spaces, then for quantum mechanics and finally for a hydrogen atom.
- Space is of special interest (and needed to build hydrogen), a lambda calculus for space is proposed in the em project. Now I am particularly fascinated by numbers.
- The needs project is a bridge towards chemlambda. It’s entirely written, in pieces, it is about permutation automata. Only the main routine is public.
- And what would life be without luck, aka computable probabilities? This is the least advanced project, for the moment it covers some parts of classical mechanics, but it is largely feasible and a pleasure to play with it in the year to come.
I have a strong feeling that these projects look very weird to you, so I have a proposal and a challenge. The proposal for you is to ask for details. I am willing to give as much as (or perhaps more than) you need.
The challenge is the following. As you know my banner is “can do anything”. So let’s test it:
- propose a subject of research where you are stuck. Or better, you want to change the world (in a good way).
- I’ll do something about it as quick as possible, if you get me interested.
- Then I’ll ask for means. And for fairness.
- Then we’ll do it to the best of our capacities.
Well, happy 2019, soon!