In the About section I wrote: “This blog contains ideas from the future”. Well let me look into my crystal ball. Then, at the end of 2018 I shall update this post and compare.
This is about stuff I expect to do in 2018, and stuff I expect to happen in 2018, or even things I hope to happen in 2018.
Before that a short review of what I think is significant to remember at the end of 2017.
- all soft and hard is wrecked beyond any paranoid dream. There is nothing we can trust. Trust does not exist any more, as an effect.
- in particular there is no trust in deterministic randomness 😉 so boy, how safe are your bitcoins…
- all corporate Net is dead for the few intelligent people, but in the same time many discover the Net today and they love it! It is the new TV, don’t tell me that you expect from TV to be interactive. You hold the remote, but otherwise you “Got thirteen channels of shit on the T.V. to choose from“.
- corporate Net is hands in in hands with the legacy publishers, because of a simple reason: science brings authority, so you don’t mess with science dissemination. If you mess with it then you question authority, or in this human world there is nothing else than authority which keeps things going as expected.
Now, what I expect to do in 2018:
- [true, see arXiv:1807.02058, arXiv:1807.10480, arXiv.1811.04960] write articles in the classic arXiv style, short if possible, with programs repositories if possible (projected:
NN, space, thermodynamics, engineering, computing)
- [unexpected things happened] if these articles (on new subjects! or on older subjects but with new techniques) make wou want to change the world together then I exist in the meatspace, 3d version and I welcome you to visit me or me to visit you, all else is futile
- shall do mostly mathematics, but you know the thing about mathematics…
What I expect to happen in 2018:
- [true] the Net will turn in TV completely
- [not yet true] “content creators”, i.e. those morons who produce the lowest possible quality (lack of) content for TV and cinema, will be fucked by big data. It is enough to get all the raw cinema footage and some NN magic in order to deliver, on individual demand, content better than anything those media professional morons can deliver. And of course much cheaper, therefore…
- [partially true, see also blockchain categoricitis forecast] I expect a big fat nice money bubble to burst, because money laundering is a fundamental part of the actual economy
What I hope to happen in 2018:
- [not true] new hardware
- [only very limited] real meatspace randomness devices
- [happened, then burst] more distributed automata (like bitcoin) to suck up the economy
- [not true] diversification, because not anybody can be among the handful of deep state corporate beings.
OK, what do you think? Lay here your forecast, if you wish… or dare.